Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Oh, Toodles!

I start school on Monday, but I'm kind of in denial.

Because of that, I'm going to share something crafty but not school related!

In May, we gave my super cute nephew a Mickey Mouse Clubhouse 1st Birthday Party! As you may know, I don't have any kids of my own just yet, so I do whatever I can to light up this kid's life. I mean, look at him. Seriously.



So, clearly, my arm had to be twisted to pull out the ol' Cameo and get to work! One thing I knew I wanted to make was a Mickey head garland! I searched Pinterest and came upon a tutorial on a blog called That's What {Che} Said. (Cute name, right!) Click HERE for her tutorial on how to make Mickey heads using your Cameo!

Here is how mine turned out!





Next, I was inspired by a pin from a website called Catch My Party. Click HERE for the original idea! Again, I used my Cameo for a majority of it. The Mickeys are stickers from Michaels, and "we've got" is also made up of stickers. You may notice that all capital letters were used in the first picture, while some were substituted in the other. We had a few sticker casualties in transport, but crisis averted. I had extra lowercase.

What do you think?




Last, we had a little photo booth going! I bought the chalkboard speech bubbles and chalk pen from Michaels. My sister, who does not fancy herself a craft person, made the Mickey frame from cardboard. I was one proud sis!



On the work front, I'm going into school tomorrow to get started on my office and to turn in my first comprehensive school counseling plan. [YIKES!]

Before pictures coming soon. After pics... hopefully soon after!


No comments:

Post a Comment