Wednesday, November 9, 2011

My Bookshelf

Sorry for the non-teaching blog post, I've read a few books over the past few months that I'd love to share with you!

Stay: I'm currently reading this book. Got it at walmart. It's about a girl who accidently buys a dog online from overseas after too much wine and a Rin Tin Tin marathon. This dog is more than she bargains for, but the story is about how her life is changing. Cute book!

You Had Me At Woof: Read this book in a few days. It is a true story about a woman who starts fostering out of her love for Boston Terriers. It leads us from when she owned her first dog, through starting a family, and to the present, where she is a foster mom and volunteer.

Long Division: A novel about a teacher who's boyfriend is away at war. Light hearted, but not for the easily offended. There's some language. But I loved this book!

32 Third Graders: Love Mr. Done! Very cute, quick read on the hilarity that ensues in a third grade class room lead by a veteran teacher.

I'm obviously not into grand, profound literature, although I wish I was. I love reading books about my two passions, teaching and animals! This year I'm trying to make time to read for pleasure, as last year I couldn't find the time. Anyone have any recommendations?!

Oh right, this is a teaching blog..

I'm doing a fun activity tomorrow having to do with sequencing. We read a passage from a scholastic book about how ink used to be made, using berries. So we will be actually completing this and making ink from berries. It's worth a shot, right? Stay tuned for the results!

1 comment:

  1. 32 Third Graders and a Class Bunny has been on my To Read list for awhile now. Guess this gives me a reason to really read it. Plus I also teach 3rd grade.


    Yearn to Learn Blog

    ReplyDelete