Alright, my bad. I shouldn't have opened up with that. But seriously, I'm exhausted. My class is giving me a run for my money. My grade level has PLC in the afternoons on Mondays of weeks that are a full 5 days. It's not as confusing as it sounds. While I'm in PLC with my teammates, my students go to two extra specials. Well, by the time I rolled in to pick them up today, two of them landed themselves in the office.
I will take ANY and ALL advice for how to manage this group. I've asked tons of people at school for help, but all I get is sympathy. Which is great. I really appreciate that people feel for what I'm dealing with. But I'm asking for ADVICE!
Here's the sitch: I literally have about 5 kids who are always well behaved. About 10 that are wishywashy on the behavior scale. And 5 that are down right naughty. And by naughty, I mean talking back and being rude to adults, bullying, tons of outbursts, etc. I am required to use the behavior scale of blue-green-yellow-red. Students start on green and move to blue if they go beyond expectations. I use class dojo during independent work, and those points translate to points towards prizes at the school store. I pull my misbehaving friends aside when they misbehave, and I truly do not try to draw extra attention to any situation going on. The students in question do not have parents who are supportive. One parent does not even have a correct phone number on file.
So again, any advice would be
I got tagged in the fun blogging survey thing that's going around right now by my Holly Bloggy Christmas Partner Bonnie at Living A Wonderful Life!. Are your kids allowed to play tag at school? Mine aren't. No touching at recess. NONE. Because touching obviously leads to tattling. Let's start the party---
1. You must post the rules.
2. Post 12 fun facts about yourself on the blog post.
3. Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post, and then create 12 new questions for the people you tagged.
4. Tag 12 people and link them on your post.
5. Let them know you've tagged them!
1. I have a random collection of baseball cards. They aren't like legit baseball cards though, they are kind of like cardstock? Not sure where I got them, but as a kid, I stored them in a Beethoven lunch box. They are still sitting in my childhood room.
2. I really want to join my city's choir. I've been toying with the idea since I've moved here. But I'm too darn tired. Insert Snookie Waaaaaah.
3. Valentine's Day will be my boyfriend and I's one year anniversary. Awwwhhhh.
4. I have really bad motion sickness. I get super dizzy, which leads to super nauseous.
5. I had Chik-Fil-A for dinner.
6. I'm going to my dad's house on Sunday for his annual Super Bowl Party. I could care less about either team. I could go so far to say I dislike both teams. So, I'll probably sneak into my room and turn on the Puppy Bowl. Anyone else watch it? TOO MUCH CUTE!
7. Today is my little cousin's birthday! She's 10!
8. Pretty sure I've
9. And then my kids take the state test 3 days after we return from break. UGHHHH.
10. My favorite subjects to teach are math and science. I would be totally content teaching those all day long!
11. Twelve is such a large number.
12. Did you use to take part in the email surveys when they were popular? Fill out the bazillion questions and email it to all of your friends? How about slam books? Anyone?
And on to Bonnie's questions!
I'll come back to this & tag people & such! I need to search around for some friends who haven't been tagged yet! =)